MARSHALL, Minn. – The Mustang Booster Club and the Southwest Minnesota State University Athletics Department has announced the 35th annual “David & Carol Drown SMSU Golf Classic”, sponsored by the Mustang Booster Club, is still scheduled to be held on Friday, June 19, at the Marshall Golf Club.
Due to COVID-19 and social distance regulations, the Marshall Golf Club and the Mustang Booster Club have made adjustments for the five-person scramble tournament to be held on June 19. All proceeds from the event go to the SMSU Athletic Scholarship fund.
2020 Drown SMSU Golf Classic Modifications:
• There will be tee times every 10 minutes instead of a shotgun start. The tee times will begin at 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Teams are required to go online and request a tee time at SMSUmustangs.com/GolfClassic. The Drown Golf Classic committee will do its best to get each team scheduled in their preferred time slot.
• Each five-person team will be allowed three golf cars with one person driving and two team members walking the course.
• There will be no pre-golf luncheon or post-golf award ceremony, but a meal WILL BE provided to each individual.
• Team are encouraged to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to their tee time.
• Individuals and teams should purchase the putting contest, buy-up hole and raffle board, PRIOR to the event on-line at SMSUmustangs.com/GolfClassic.
In addition to 18 holes of golf, registrants receive a Mustang gift, meal, beverages, tee gifts, use of a golf cart and complimentary range balls.
There are various levels to help support the event either as an individual or for your business to sponsor a team. This is a great social event to share with your friends, employees or clients and help support Mustang student-athletes!
For more information, or to sign-up a five-person team or as an individual go to SMSUmustangs.com/GolfClassic.
Businesses that would like to sponsor a team, please contact Kelly Loft at 507-537-7177 or email@example.com.
MARSHALL, Minn. – Southwest Minnesota State University head women’s golf coach Ross Webskowski announced today Lauryn Driscoll from Hartford, S.D., has signed a letter of intent to continue her academic and golf career at SMSU.
Lauryn comes from a very successful high school program and has experienced high level success as a team as well as individually,” Webskowski said. “She has great length off the tee and is a competitor. Lauryn’s enthusiastic personality will help provide leadership to our team. We are very excited to add Lauryn to the Mustang family.”
Driscoll, a senior at West Central High School, has been named all-state three times and has earned all-conference honors five times in her career. Named the 2019 South Dakota Female Golfer of the Year at the Argus Leader Sports Awards, Driscoll placed sixth at the 2019 state meet to help West Central to the Class A state championship. She earned a fourth place finish at the 2018 state meet and was the state runner-up as a freshman in 2017.
Driscoll won three individual tournament titles during the 2019 season, which included a season-low 74 at the regional tournament to capture medalist honors.
Driscoll is the second student-athlete to sign with the SMSU women’s golf program for the 2020-21 season. Jacqueline Gossen from Brooten, Minn., (Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa High School) signed in November.
Southwest Minnesota State University, located in Marshall, is a member of NCAA Division II and competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference.